Entrepreneurship in academic settings
One of the goals of Nordic POP is promote university based entrepreneurship and innovation within pharmaceutical sciences. This workshop will focus on providing an introduction into entrepreneurial mindset and the means for doing this. Additionally, this workshop will provide an overview of the Nordic and European funding landscape. We do hope that this part of the meeting could serve as a starting point for new joint grant applications from Nordic POP participants.
The topics to be covered within two days, and the key speakers are following:
DAY 1: May 9 (Thu)
- Introduction to the topic: Jukka Rantanen, UCPH
- Pharmaceutical innovation, start- up; how long can you go with 0€?: Daniel Bar-Shalom UCPH
- Commercialization journey of Enphasys: something to digest, Janneke Keemink UU
- Bringing host defence peptide towards therapeutics – experiences from two start-up companies, Martin Malmsten UCPH
- Venture funding Giles Dudley, The BioInnovation Institute (BII)
- Nordic Mentor Network for Entrepreneurship (NOME) Christine Ritter, Accelerace
DAY 2: May 10 (Fri)
- Grant application from the reviewer’s point of view. Sven Frøkjær UCPH
- Overview of the Nordic funding landscape (8-10 min each): Finland, Helder Sántos/ Sweden, Christel Bergström/ Norway, Ingunn Tho/ Denmark, Jukka Rantanen / Baltic, Jyrki Heinämäki
- EU funding – Marie Curie, Sanne Christoffersen, Research & Innovation, SUND, UCPH
- EU funding – European Research Council (ERC), Cecilie Ydemann Hansen, Research & Innovation, SUND, UCPH
The complete program of the workshop can be found here.