Helsinki: NordicPOP Interactive Electronic Workshop: 3D Printing – Formulation design and material perspective
One short one afternoon web-based course focusing at Formulation design and material perspective with the use of 3D printing will take place on Tuesday 12 of May, 2020.
Zoom (link will be provided after registration acceptance).
Participation & abstract submission
It is free of charge to participate and submit the abstract and available also for individuals outside the Nordic POP network. Due to the use of electronic concept, the capacity is limited for 30 participants. Registration deadline May 3, 2020.
Please, read further below for programme, registration and further practical information:
13.00 Leena Peltonen: Opening
13.05 Mika Salmi, Aalto University, Helsinki: 3D printing processes and materials in medical applications
13.50 Julian Quodback: Applicability of Murphy’s law on Pharmaceutical 3D-Printing
14.10 Dimitrios Fatouros, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: 3D printed oral solid dosage forms for customized drug release
14.30 Eric Kissi, University of Oslo: Development of Flexible Pharmaceutical Filaments for 3D Printing
14.50 Alvaro Goyanes, London: Automated therapy production in a clinical setting using 3D printing
Poster session: 15.10-15.30 Poster presentations in three different group rooms, participants are allowed to select freely the group room they visit, also possible to change the room during the session (2 min presentation + 3 min Q&A).
Room 1: Posters 1-3
- Atheer Awad: 3D printing of alcohol-resistant and abuse-deterrent opioid medication (opponent Inés Reigada Ocaña)
- Heidi Öblom: Improved traceability of cannabinoids by means of printing technologies (opponent Atheer Awad)
- Inés Reigada Ocaña: New in vitro assays to select anti-biofilm candidates to be incorporated as part of 3D printed anti-infective medical devices (opponent Heidi Öblom)
Room 2: Posters 4-6:
- Dhayakumar Rajan Prakash: The new roll on microfluidic fabrication platform for personalized drug formulation (opponent Ezgi Özliseli)
- Georgios Eleftheriadis: Combining Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM) with inkjet printing for buccal drug delivery (opponent Dhayakumar Rajan Prakash)
- Ezgi Özliseli: 3D bioprinting NFC/GelMA composite scaffolds incorporated with MSN for drug delivery for muscle tissue engineering (opponent Georgios Eleftheriadis)
Room 3: Posters 7-9:
- Angelos Gkaragkounis: Paediatric-friendly chocolate-based dosage forms for the oral administration of both hydrophilic and lipophilic drugs fabricated with extrusion-based 3D printing (opponent Meie Chao)
- Sofia Lisina: Development and investigation of double – layered suppositories as potential drug delivery systems (opponent Angelos Gkaragkounis)
- Meie Chao: Patients’ preferences, perceptions and acceptability of edible QR encoded personalized dosage forms – a pilot study (opponent Sofia Lisina)
15.30 Jukka Rantanen: Closing of the scientific session
15.30-17.00 Electronic reception and get-together, free traveling between three separate group rooms
The interactive workshop will take place on Zoom. You will be provided with the link after registration acceptance by the e-mail.
The registration has now been closed.
In case of interest, please, contact the project administrator.