Nordic POP Workshop on pharmaceutical applications of large-scale research infrastructures (MAX-IV, Lund, Sweden)
The workshop on pharmaceutical applications of large-scale research infrastructures aims to provide the insight into the possibilities of the use of large scale research infrastructures for the pharmaceutical research purposes.
The 2 days workshop is organized at the MAX-IV laboratory in Lund, Sweden the 27-28 August 2019.
Day 1 programme involves:
- introduction to synchrotron/ neutron science provided by Anders Madsen (University of Copenhagen).
- presentation on the industrial use of synchrotron by Selma Maric,
- lecture on the diffraction (powder, single crystal) by Mads Ry Jørgensen
- Scattering (SAXS/SANS, inelastic) by Magnus Bergström,
- Imaging (topography, tomography, phase-contrast) by Henning O. Sørensen and
- microscopy (scanning, transmission..).
Day 2 is scheduled for the presentations on:
- how to write a goodcproposal by Franz Hennies,
- The ESS project by Sindra Årsköld
- First-time-user testimonies (Peter Ouma Okeyo et al.)
- further Q&A.
Detailed programmed and further practical information can be found here.
Registration for the workshop is possible via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and the deadline for the registration is 1st august 2019. Please, note, that you shall indicate the preferences regarding the accommodation under the registration process. You will have an option to choose a hotel pre-booked for the participants and organized public transport to the workshop, or, the option of self-accomodation and self-transportation to the workshop (please, see the link on the transportation possibilities to the MAX-IV lab).