PhD Course in Drug Delivery
In summary the course objectives are i) to give participants an in-depth overview of important fundamental principles for drug delivery and ii) to present methodologies for optimizing delivery of different drug classes ranging from small molecules to complex biopharmaceuticals (peptides, proteins, nucleic acids and vaccines).
And the following key topics will be covered:
- Biological barriers and administration routes
- Metabolic barriers
- Physicochemical characteristics of drug substances
- Advanced drug delivery systems, targeting and stimuli-triggered release (e.g. lipid- and polymer-based delivery systems)
- Delivery of small molecule drugs (e.g. poorly soluble drugs and pro-drugs)
- Delivery of biopharmaceuticals (e.g. peptides, proteins, nucleic acids and vaccines)
- Membrane biophysics in drug delivery
- Imaging in drug delivery
- Industrial perspectives on drug delivery
- Safety and toxicity of nanocarrier systems
- The use of in vitro and in vivo models in drug delivery
The link to the course is: https://phdcourses.ku.dk/DetailKursus.aspx?id=105563&sitepath=SUND.